Schiff Hardin LLP
About Schiff Hardin LLP
Schiff Hardin is a general practice law firm representing clients across the United States and around the world. We have offices located in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Lake Forest, New York, San Francisco and Washington. Our attorneys are strong advocates and trusted advisers — roles that contribute to many lasting client relationships.
Schiff Hardin has strong capabilities in most legal disciplines and a total dedication to client service. We have helped shape the law in a number of cases in the U.S. Supreme Court, Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal, and state appellate courts, including landmark decisions in the fields of utility rate jurisdiction, intellectual property, product liability, animal law, class actions and many other areas.
Commitment to Work-Life Balance
At Schiff Hardin, we believe that people are most effective when their work and personal lives are in harmony. We put that ideal into practice with benefits and policies like:
- Health care benefits to same-sex domestic partners
- Flexible, part-time arrangements to lawyers along with maternity and parental leave programs
- A parenting group for attorneys to help working parents within the firm network with one another, share referrals and discuss parenting-related issues
- A leave-of-absence policy that includes attorneys and staff who are the primary caregiver for the adoption of a child
- Alternative partnership tracks that support attorneys who choose a reduced work-load commitment
To learn more, please visit http://www.schiffhardin.com/Careers-Law_Students-Work-Life_Balance.htm.
Women Attorneys at Schiff Hardin
Established in 1998, the Schiff Hardin Women's Networking Group (WNG) welcomes all women attorneys at our firm, from the newest of associates to our most senior women partners, as well as women clients and friends of our firm to participate in mentoring and networking activities.
In addition to in-house mentoring activities, the WNG often hosts seminars and networking events designed to serve the needs of the increasing number of women professionals among our client base.
To learn more, please visit http://www.schiffhardin.com/Womens_Networking_Group.htm